|My Writing Station|
Whew! I just completed my first real sprint to the finish line. Today was rough, disorganized, interrupted, and unfocused. Here's my analysis:
- Wordcount/Time Investment - 2408 words in 2 hours (approximately). I started at 9:20pm and with little breaks in between, went all the way to about 11:30pm. I used 750words.com to begin, for word count and for storage. Then, when I got to my 10:00pm Word War with the NaNoWriMo Warriors Facebook Group, I used Write or Die ... and I almost died.
- Discoveries - I should never ever ever ever ever wait this late to get my writing done. Anything can (and will) happen to stop the flow. Like bathroom breaks. My fingers are achy. I was scared I wouldn't make my personal goal of 2084 words/day and that fear, plus the word war energy really propelled me forward.
- Sacrifices - Unfortunately I sacrificed, or at least put my writing in jeopardy, because I wanted to spend more time with some good friends I hadn't seen in a while. They're sisters ages 11, 7, and 5 who I've babysat for about eight years off and on. Totally worth it.
November PAD (Poem a Day) Chapbook Challenge
- Poem Writing Set - Today's prompt was harder than I thought it would be. I actually wrote it at my writing station. It took me about 40 minutes in the morning, and when I typed it up much later I changed the structure but left the words.
- Discoveries - The last time I wrote this many poems, back to back days was probably in high school when I used to scribble stuff on the bus rides to and from school. Teenage angst and challenges will get daily poems out of me!
- Sacrifices - I had to chose one of the two prompt options, even though I wanted to do them both, because of time constraints.